Tuesday, November 14, 2006

While walking back home alone,
along this quiet but peaceful road just moments ago
as my singapore exchange students are at amsterdam at the very moment,
near the leazes park in my estate
i began to wonder and marvel at the amazing world we have
at the very moment i was enjoying the slight breeze and chilly winds
with my hands safely snug in my pocket
and my hair blowing softly
at one part of the world when its only 720pm here in newcastle...


the other parts of the world is probably asleep
like in singapore at 3.20am at this very moment
where my mum would be fast asleep
my nephew would be sleeping peacefully like a baby
there may be people mugging in the quiet stillness of the night in nus lt 11
people finding their way to fong seng to grab a prata or two for an energy booster
some rushing to finish up their revision
a few watching youtube.com for a break they needed
others collapse in tiredness


and perhaps in australia where
my dearest ming would have to wake up in a few hours time
and face another new bright day


when i was just slowly taking my walk down the lane
enjoying the scenery
taking in the sights of the neighbourhood in newcastle
looking at old and young couples in leazes park holding hands


what an amazing beautiful world.
at each opposite end of the world,
things are always happening =)
i smile to passers-by whom i rub shoulders with
they smile to me back.


the day is about to break there,
the sun has set here.


the beauty of life.
what a wonderful world =)

i love these quiet solo walks home, i do.
makes me appreciate Life
and be thankful to be able to see everything so beautifully. =)

No comments: