Saturday, November 18, 2006

Eiffel Tower, revisited.

Here's a very long overdue video posting of the Eiffel Tower,
which I went to with Loon last month.



The video really doesn't do justice to the true beauty of the Eiffel Tower.
As cliched as it sounds, it is REALLY a very romantic place
but not just for lovers to meet underneath the towering guiding light
but for families and the children to gasp in delight
for friends who enjoy each other's company
or even for the individual whose soul needs some comfort and solace.
It is really a pretty sight.
Sigh. So nice =)



And last week, I went down to London with Loon to catch Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Big Ben, London Eye and his love of his life - Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.
With the look on his face when he saw that huge huge globe sized stadium,
I can't help but feel in awe of the power of football teams.
Sadly, we were standing right outside the stadium, with no tickets and it was a big match (Arsenal vs Liverpool) and as much as we tried looking disappointed,
no touters came to look for us.
Could it be that there were so many policemen around?
I wonder WHY. ;)


And that very night Arsenal won 3-0.
Haha, imagine Loon's face.
O.o


Alright before I continue blabbering,
here is the video of Big Ben and a far far away London Eye.
Apologies for the quality - it was so cold by the river bank and my hands were shaking.
But no complaints ok, it comes fully equipped with the chiming of the Ben Ben at 9pm.
=D



We went to the London Eye but I guess all that excitement was pretty shortlived. It is pretty and u get to see a bird eye's view of London's night landscape.
But it is just very much like that.
=(
Maybe I expected too much.
Plus I have acrophobia in that London Observatory but honestly, you can hardly realise you are spinning up there cos its so-ooooo slow. But when I looked down, it was scary.
Scaredy cat me.


Its 3:15am now and another weekend...
I just finished my Spanish homework and i swear it kills me every time i do my deberes (homework) because there is just so much and I can never seem to finish it.
But the huge sense of achievement once I have completed it way before class on Monday and before I travel feels damn good.
Roars. =)


In 2 hours, I am off to Amsterdam, Netherlands, the city of vices and sins.
We have this crazy thing to travel every weekend while I still have this teeny weeny bit of time left in Europe until 2 months later
and we are going on real budget trips.
Like a ticket to London (bus) cost 6 pounds? Thats real value for money :)
And I am so glad cos I am going to watch Phantom of Opera in London, Her Majesty's Theatre!
Yes I do know that they are coming to Singapore but what is watching a play without watching it in England man? =D
I am sooo looking forward to it!
And I just watched Romeo and Juliet by the Royal Shakespeare Company and they were really good. I will blog about it once I am back from Amsterdams.
I am really glad about these weekend trips (though they are short and very budgeted) because it takes away the blah and dreariness of my weekedays in uni :( School is tougher here - believe it or not? I have never done so much work in NUS (homework) as compared to Newcastle and its really ironic, cos my engine exchange friends here say they have a better slacker life in Newcastle. Sounds weird but oh well, I can't complain much.
It's the mid terms now.. and very soon it will be
Goodbye Newcastle,
Hello sunny Singapore.
So carpe diem, I shall.
=)
Here's to many more travelling, plays and cheap beer! ;)

No comments: