Sunday, March 17, 2013

Queasy, uneasy, nothing short of misery

Photo Credit: www.kawaii-land.com  

It's one of those days that the sense of restlessness comes visiting - nothing I do seems to quieten down the rising emotions of uneasiness. I could be trying to concentrate on my mobile phone games, playing Diablo 3, updating our shop website, but I feel my attention drifting away.

On weekdays, I feel that I have a lot of exciting ideas to carry out - I literally have to coax myself to wait for work to end before I carry out my own projects in the evening. Strangely, once work ends, I feel all energy sapped from me, and there's nothing left in this empty shell. Then I continue to yearn for the weekends, for that 2 full days of freedom where I can continue my photography project or start my websites.

But come weekends, I am just brain-dead - I lie on my bed playing Diablo 3 and while I am conscious of my precious time ticking away, I carry on killing some Monster Power Level 10 creatures in Inferno mode, like as this can save my life. But while playing the game, I am aware that my mind is not around, I'm just doing what I call "memory-gaming" - the familiar maps are just terrains that I repeat again and again...

That sounds like Life, isn't it? Just the endless mindless quest for money.

The irony is, I always complain that I have no time to do what I truly wish to, but when I clear my leaves, I end up lying on the bed just dwelling in the "nothing box" (that my bf proudly claims that all men are entitled to theirs) or just read a book and forget about the time.

Does this sound like burn out? I worry so. I can only hope that I find my spirits back... soon.

Sigh
Belle


No comments: