Saturday, April 04, 2009



The Return of the Travelling Bug(s)



I think it's the time of the year.
Or maybe I ought to find a career that allows me to travel extensively.

(fat hope)

I shall list down the top 5 places I am hoping to go by this year (even if I can only make it for one.)


#5. Maldives


The clear azure waters just make me want to dive in and swim - it's so inviting!

A popular tourist site located at southwest of India and considered as part of Southern Asia, the Maldives are tropical, with plenty of sunshine.
It should be quite clear that this is a perfect place to scuba-dive. but it can be pretty quite expensive.

Price aside, this place is pretty alluring nonetheless. =)


#4. Bordeaux, South West France


A port city and the 7th largest cosmopolitan area in France, it has 116,160 hectares of vineyards.

I've never seen a vine yard in my entire life, except for the one in Perth in 2005 which I have very little recollections of it anymore.

This is probably what one will see in the vineyards of Bordeaux - such a pretty sight.

Rue Sainte-Catherine, located in the heart of Bordeaux, has 1.2 km of a shopping street, making it the longest shopping street in Europe.

The Pont de Pierre is just as pretty as St Charles bridge in Prague.

Fancy a little romantic walk down the bridge, just when the sun is setting?
Sounds awesome to me. =)


#3. Mont Blanc, France



This mountainous beauty is the highest mountain in the Alps and often known as "La Dame Blanche" (the white lady).

I think I shall let the awe-inspiring pictures do the talking here.



Such a beauty, and I'm certain it will be a memorable trip visiting Mont Blanc in the winter.



#2. Lake District, North West England


A rural area in northwest England, this place is often associated with the early 19th century poetry and writings of famous literary figures, like William Wordsworth.

My biggest regret when I was in England was that I didn't manage to make it for the road trip to Lake District.

In addition, I heard that transportation there is really tough, unless you have a car. That said, there's lots of walking and all, even with a car.

And I hope I'll make it there this time, soon. =)


#1. Budapest



The capital of Hungary, it is also the largest city in the country.
It became a single city on 17 November 1873 with the unification of Buda and Pest.

No wonder that it is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.



Travelling bugs, anyone?

Dreaming,
Izzy

No comments: