Thursday, February 05, 2009

Twinkling of an eye

It's amazing how time flies. It's been almost 8 months since I commenced work and before you know it, it's going to be one year. As usual, work's hectic and always mad. Hardly any time for breather, and by the time work ends, I take a little rest and it's time to sleep and prepare for another day of stress... This job is certainly making me have a shorter life, with the pressure and deadlines... And it has made me abhor writing. Seriously.

24 this year, and I set myself several goals that I have to meet - just like when I was 21.

Sometimes I really wonder...24 and what have I achieved?

I guess it's an answer I'll get when it gets to December... End of year and the time for self-reflection...

Meanwhile, it's back to the usual mundane grind of life, biting my lips and holding on to work... And I still have my contemplations amidst the stability...

I seem to have lost energy for things I enjoy doing... The pressure of work is turning me into a words-churning machine... Need a space for creativity and imagination...

Time to take a breather before I burn out.

No comments: