Monday, February 16, 2009

Listening and Hearing

Sometimes, I really think there is a difference between being heard and being listened to.

Everyone can hear -
But not everyone listens.

Just like in my current line of work, not everyone is suitable for this job because not everyone listens.
We all think we can understand, but do we really?

And here comes a super difficult trying time for me,
faced with choices, choices and more choices -
or maybe the truth is, the lack of choices -
I know as much as I can be there for my friends,
I need a listening ear now.

Someone who bothers to sit down with me,
listens to my multi perspectives (and grumbles)
and understands where I'm coming from and why I'm stuck in a rut,
and most importantly, offers advice but only after understanding the complete picture.

And yes, thank you my best friend for having done that for me.

I am really thankful I have you.

No comments: