Sunday, February 15, 2009


The French Stall

With a sudden craving for french food today, and as a post V day celebration / chill out session, we proceeded to the French Stall at 544 Serangoon Road.

It was my 2nd time there since 2007 and it's been a long time since I tasted French food.

Nostalgic, yes, as I missed the cheesy chunky warm onion soup I had in the cold winters of France.
Yum yum, it still makes me smile when I think of the onion soup at Wepler, Paris.
Anyway, we ordered 2 set meals, inclusive of appetisers, main course and desserts.

I opened the menu and realised my command of French has gone down the drain...

While I do try to speak as much French as possible, it's in bits and pieces and sometimes I'm appalled when I try to express myself and it no longer comes so easily anymore.

Sigh.
So we went to have different appetisers since he hasn't tried French food before...

Onion Soup
It's still a disappointment, because the cheese is too little, the soup is a little bland.. and the bread is soggy.

Having said that, I'm judging it based on the hopefully authentic onion soup in Paris and while I ain't any expert on French food, it personally doesn't tickle my palate. But then, in Singapore and with its humid weather, I guess it is really hard to please all the customers' taste... You can't please everyone.

Chicken Liver

I think eating the livers of geese, chickens... is an acquired taste.. It does take some courage to taste strange eating / smelling gooey stuff... But ever since I tasted the fois gras years ago, I decided to give this another try...

It was nice and even though he didnt enjoy it as much and with the emphasis that the liver is fattening and gives high cholestrol, I enjoyed it all the same =)





These were our main courses - the first being the chicken leg and followed by the pork chop. I personally found the chicken quite tasty and the pork chop, while being a little tough, it was quite delicious. =) And he fell in love with the orgasmic baked potato that came along with my pork chop.
It was prepared with slices of potato, with a dash of cheese in between, and baked to perfection. Parfait, even though I don't like potatos. =)
Dessert came and mine was home made tiramisu. It was rich, and moist - very tantalizing.
And he fell in love (again) with the honey cheese cake, which I reckon is a treat for cheese lovers.
While it wasn't fabulous fare, it was a very beautiful night. =)



No comments: