Monday, January 12, 2009

Terminal Velocity

There are some days I really do love my job,
And today it is one of them.

The most interesting aspect of this job is to whizz past the milling crowd of travellers on a travellator, sensing their excitement (and fatigue at times) and recounting in my head the destinations they are travelling to..

Awaiting fervently as they stream in from their destinations, many happy to meet their loved ones...
Counting anxiously as the time is running out and the need to locate the forgetful traveller becomes increasing pressing....
Observing carefully as an imagined traveller and stepping into the shoes of them...

Travel does wonders for the soul.
I wish I was the one leaving on a jetplane though.

I remember my last flight from Paris to Newcastle in 2006 where I was stuck in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport due flight delay and it was reaching the end of my exchange days in Europe..
I was finishing my 3rd year of university and was wondering what to do with my life...

Then I was looking around and found several globetrotters, on their PDAs, laptops, working furiously as the plane was further delayed...
And I told myself I would definitely have a job that requires me to travel around a fair bit... and work even when I am travelling in the airport...

It appears I am relatively close to my dream... In a certain funny way...
Life brings you in a large circle, here I am...

Nevertheless, I certainly hope one day I would be closer to this dream of mine.

No comments: