Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Good Weekend
Finally a breather from the hectic hell week.
It's with these crazy weekdays that I start to appreciate the short weekends I have.
It's the littlest things in life that makes me smile.

My friends introduced me to this place in Changi,
called the Fisherman's Village, which sadly is not the same as before.
However, I enjoyed every minute of it because it was beautiful.
Underneath the starry skies,
I could have my dinner,
enjoy the sea breeze and take in the break-taking night scenery
sip a little of my ice cold beer
share some of our thoughts
feel the warmth of the wavering candle light
laugh away the troubling thoughts of work
smell the salty air
touch the sandy beach with my toes
let go a little.

I love the beach at night because it calms me down,
it lets me forget about my problems,
taking me far away...
It gives me time to stop and take a breather.

Been on numerous car rides, with the stereo just blasting away.
I think music has a great soothing effect on me,
the tunes lull me into relaxing,
the lyrics spin my mind,
and having a smooth car ride just makes the day so much better.

A good weekend that has helped me destressed even though I feel a little ill.
Been working overtime for almost everyday,
and I also brought work home.
This is the epitome of how work never ends.

Nice and lazy Sundays, to cuddle under the blankets,
to refuse to wake up, to switch off the alarms without guilt,
to take a slow leisure walk, to slowly enjoy life...

My favourite quote still remains:
Taking a rest allows us to walk further.

Now, its Sunday and after going for dinner later,
it's back to hitting the work again.

At least, I feel much more well-rested for the next week. =)

No comments: