Saturday, June 21, 2008

Inspired or Contemplative?



Whenever I start to see a continuous strand of blog entries written by me in consecutive days,
I begin to ponder if I'm inspired or simply contemplative of my life.
Guess what? I have no idea.
Now my life is like a derailed rail track, and I'm trying to figure how to piece it together.
School has officially ended for me,
at least for now.
This is where life begins, not ends, because a whole world of possibilities just lie in front of me.
And it is overwhelming.

Like what Uncle Chua says,
the fact that you have a choice is that which damns you.
When you have a choice, you compare the best, the so-so and the worst options
and you weigh the consequences.
The ability to choose is a curse.
Maybe you argue that life without choices may not necessarily be better off.
Agreed, but when you have no choice, you can only brace yourself and just plod deeper along
your fated path.
The converse is not so true for people with (at least a sense of belief that they do have a choice).
When you have made a decision,
you think about how you may regret.

If there is one thing I hate, it must be regrets,
simply because they are the worst to live down.
Regrets are like shadows, you can't shake them off.
Regrets, I've had more than a few.
It makes me feel more human, because I know I'm prone to err.
But it makes me feel like the lousiest human on earth.

And I really wonder,
when can we ever be content?

When can I ever live at ease with every decision that I make, small or big and know for a fact that I won't regret?

Is this a enigma of modernity? (I can so sense Bianca and Dorcas cringing at this line... =p)

No comments: