Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Perhaps, you will never get to know what I'm thinking
Perhaps, you will never get to know who I'm missing
Perhaps, you will never get to know how I'm living
Perhaps, you will never get to know where I'm heading
Perhaps, I will never get to know when I'll see you again.





Pa,
Feels funny to call you that since you have probably never heard these words.
I'm not sure if you heard me mouth those words in the hospital
Those articulating my love for you, my father
It's been 6 years since you departed.
How have you been?
Every time I have a bad day,
I look up at the starry sky
And I pretend you are one of the shining angels.
And I talk to you in my heart.
Can you hear me?
I'm sure you can.
Because you have answered my prayers for good health for everyone in the family
as well as the 2 beautiful children blessed to 1 Jie.
Thank you Pa.

I remember watching Lion King eons ago,
and when the little lion was scared,
he would look into the water,
and see the reflection of his father

And so very often,
when I miss you,
I stare into the wide horizon of the starry sky
I know you are there.
You are.

6 years, and never forgotten.
Your little girl has grown up.
=)
Still a spendthrift, still love to eat chicken wings,
still love to talk,
like how we used to communicate in the living room
when I couldn't sleep.

And today,
while I view others celebrating Father's Day,
I know some thing's missing.
We may not have had the most communicative or closest father,
But our lives were shaped by you, good and bad.

Happy Father's Day, Pa.
I love you still.
Always.

Hi Kor,

How are you?
I bet you know that all of us still miss you a lot.
I know because,
every time your name's mentioned,
a soft smile would curl up on everyone's lips.

Did I tell you?
I'm graduating this July,
and I managed to make Mummy and family proud
because I obtained a Second Upper Honours.
=)
I know you'd have been proud of me.

My NUS Life is coming to an end,
and on hindsight,
it has not been smooth at all.
If anything, I remember having to lose you in my second year of studies.
It was not easy for all of us.
And after 3 years,
you are still sorely missed by us.

Remember I told you at the window,
that you must recover,
because I want you to be present at my convocation and wedding?
Well, my convocation will happen in this July,
and I know you will still be my side,
with your jovial smile
I know I will be able to feel your presence.
And that is enough for me.

Happy Father's Day, Kor.
You have been a wonderful father to your two boys.
They are now grown up, but I'm sure they're always little boys in your eyes.

We all miss you.
Thanks for being more than a brother to me.
I miss you a lot.

Take care Pa and Kor,
I hope to see you all again one day.

*Dedicated to the two most impt men in my life, who departed on 24 Sept 2002, and 28 February 2005.

No comments: