Monday, January 22, 2007

Home is where the heart and soul belong...

...and also where the humid sticky weather gets to me.

I am finally home - I have been home for a week already,
and slowly getting used to being home.
Looks like Singapore can change quite a lot in just half a year,
it sure takes some getting used to.

Vivo City, Sentosa, Arts canteen down, quirky food tents set up -
its like a whirlwind change for me.
And I even forgot to tap my Ez-link card when I alighted from the bus.
Now, I feel like a tourist. =)

I got a little jet lag problems, coupled with insomnia and lethargy.
Now recovering,
but sometimes it really feels like I've never left home before.
Is it good or bad?
I dont know.
Feels like I just went missing for a couple of months
and now that I am back
I am mis-placed AND dis-placed.
Feels weird.
Feels like I didnt even experience those fun months in Newcastle.

And the weather here is grrrrr.. atrocious!
Sticky and hot.
Yeap, and I was still complaining I'd rather have it hot when I was freezing my nose off in Europe.
Seems like I forgot about the humid part.
=)
But I am still getting accustomed to it :)

Coming back has made me appreciate my mummy and family more.
Nothing better than home-cooked food or looking at my dearest mummy sleep.
Looking at her hair, and her sleepy face,
thanking her quietly for everything,
including having me.
=)

I have learned somehow to be much more polite (not that I was not.. :P )
when I am served (like in a taxi, coffeeshop, etc)
and I do miss the cold nice weather.
Now donning six layers of clothes is NOT that intimidating and irritating,

except that it can be troublesome when i am out shopping for clothes,
and depressing when the sun sets early.

But I guess the independence and freedom I got overseas
is unparalleled in Europe.
Here I am afterall in comfort zone,
my family is within an arm's length,
i dont get to travel out of UK every other weekend,
Paris is not accessible to me jus like that.

That is the beauty of Europe,
to me =)

Will update more when I try to settle down.
Am taking Japanese and French lessons now -
I got inspired to learn many languages in Europe because
I saw the importance and the flexibility that comes with the knowledge of different languages while in Europe,
it gets you anywhere and everywhere.
Of course, I will further my studies on them,
including German and Spanish =)

This SEP trip has made me positive =)
with lots of energy to look towards the future!

No comments: