Friday, January 12, 2007

Good things dont last...

... why don't they?

Its now 6am here in Newcastle and I just finished packing.
I have been packing since 1am and its killing me.
My bags are humongous-ly big, fat and ugly;
but i really can't be bothered.
I havent had a single wink and something tells me that
for the next 24 hours i will be having a very hard time lugging all 3 luggages
around in London and on the 13 hour flights
and without a proper place to rest.


because....



I am going home now!!!
=)


Yes, I decided to change my air ticket weeks ago and I'm on my way home now.
Back to Singapore.
Didnt tell a single soul yet until recently - was too excited and let the cat outta the bag!
Miss everyone so much.
It is one of the craziest things I have done;
but then again,
in this SEP trip,
I have done many crazy stuff.
I would never imagine my impromptu trips to London, Amsterdam, Glasgow and Paris for the whole of my life.
Anyway, before I digress..
My original date was 27th January;
but I have too much to catch up in NUS
and I really miss home terribly.
and I have no exams in newcastle because sociology modules are assessed by essays.
Loads of them - I finished 2 of them, 4000 words each a day ago.
=(

I cant wait to go home cos I cant imagine being all alone and lugging all the heavy souvenirs home.

The best and craziest thing now
is that
I havent told anyone at home that I am on my way home
and they are not expecting me at midnight on Saturday!
AND i have no keys.
Call me crazy but I hope this will make my mum and family smile...
especially my mum cos i missed her birthday last year.

I am going home!

I really cant believe it,
especially when I am deliriously tired after packing and having no sleep...

But still,
I am leaving! and on a very hurried note too :(

Goodbye land of cottage chicken, cheap thrills like Primark, Wilkinson, Food Co, Tyne Bridge, Leazes Park, days which are short and darken far too easily,
and hello to the home of yummy food like minced meat noodles, seafood, hokkien mee, mos burger and my mum's cooking...

Honestly, I will miss this place so much.
The Sing Soc guys were very nice to attend my impromptu farewell dinner at Big Mussels and were very sweet too. Very thankful to know them cos they often rendered us help and of course squabbled with me and called me 'Tiger Beer' girl because they think I look sleazy and can work as those servers in kopi tiam selling Tiger Beers to uncles.

Seriously. -_-
Haha.

But I really really love all the times we all hung out and life was so peaceful and just for the moment.

I am going home...
I still can't believe it.

I have to write some goodbye cards now,
will update once I reach Singapore...
home.
=)

Wish me luck that I am not locked out on Sat nite ;)
and I am going to eat prata!!!

Goodness, that is one big deprivation I have here in Europe =(

No comments: