Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Going home.

I'm going home soon.
Ironically, that scares me quite abit.
Just when I finally settle down,
with my room routinely messed up and me forcing myself to be responsible by cleaning it up in the spurs of moment (read: very very good mood)
with my modules seemingly become easier and more understandable
with my Spanish getting slightly better (¿Hablas Español? Si, hablo un poquito Español y ¡ es bastante malo!)
with me being more and more familiar with the many routes I take to school, in particular the morning walks with the breeze in my hair which awakens sleepy moi,
with me being more and more in love with newcastle, a small but quaint and lively city.

And as I am now currently on exchange,
at this very moment I take my breath,
everything seems to be on a stand still.
Isabelle's clock seems to stop ticking.
She doesn't have to worry about tests, exams, grades (not so much anyway since it's S/U)
and she doesnt have to worry about when to graduate, or even to graduate at all
she doesnt have to worry about what she will be in the future
if she ever becomes somebody, at all
she doesnt have to worry about rushing here and there, to shuttle between giving tuition, working and being a student...
she doesnt have to have lack of sleep rushing projects
she doesnt have to start thinking.
or maybe, she still does.
Just not that much. For now.

Don't you love it when time seems to just stop for you, at this very moment?

No comments: