Thursday, December 14, 2006

The glass is half empty.

Heard of a saying 'The light ahead is that of an oncoming train in a tunnel?'
I find it really funny because when u realise there may be hope, you find more crap coming your way, where its like the train approaching you full-speed when you think its a light in darkness.
Sure, I used to think the glass is half full,
but now, no - its half empty, by any measures.
Maybe my pessimism comes with this cynical feeling that the days dont seem to come better.
How does one finish 4 essays (2 of 4000 words each, 1 of 1000 and 1 of 2500 words with complete referencing of minimum 15 books each), pack room and move out, travel in europe, study for spanish test?
Just when I thought i had finished one essay on identities and things would get smoother.
Bleah.

This is my room, with my little decorations to make it more warm and cosy.

















Pretty right? It's these beautiful lights that cheer me up amidst dreary afternoons which become so dark, so soon.

Don't be fooled though, the only reason my room looks pretty ok is because its in the dark.
Here is the truth:
















Yup, I know my room is a little too pinky but I seem to have taken a fancy to that colour since my room's paint is in sickly green. This is me - my mess. I think you can pretty much see I am not an organized person.

But I have my own order in the mess - luan(4) zhong(1) you(3) xu (4). That is probably why I can find my stuff in the disorder, cos I probably know which area I threw my stuff. =) Heh.

Anyway, here is the broader view of my humble room, which I really love. It's been with me throughout this whole Exchange trip.













My lovely room boasts of:

1. a comfortable bound-to-make-you-fall-asleep-once-you-are-on-it bed
(or maybe i am just perpetually sleepy)

2. a big workspace of three tables

3. a floor that is constantly missing because my books and notes are strewn all over the place and i cant seem to see the floor

4. my good old laptop with its itunes playing melodiously and lulling me to sleep

5. a bear i bought to accompany me (people do get very lonely sometimes, you know)

6. souvenirs i got from germany, austria, czech republic, paris, london, dublin, amsterdam, glasgow

7. many slippers and a pair of boots to keep the cold frosty winds away

8. lots of Coke (i am a coke freak; and i prefer my glass of coke with ice filled to the brim, thank you very much)

9. library books (gender, class, freud, urban sociology, spanish - its a mini library here)

10. my coats and layers of clothes that make me feel so fat and big

11. of course me, without whom there'd be no messy room in the first place. :)



Anyway, I was telling Loon how much I miss Singapore food - that which you can get 24/7, not like here where I have to bear with my own cooking when i get hungry at midnight
:(
And he agrees, cos Singapore is so convenient with lots of yummy delicious food.

And so I sent him this picture I drew of food we both liked.
















And he started laughing.
I thought it was cos my food looks awful or the cockles ('ham' here) look weird.
But apparently, he had been reading too much of my Freud' s essay
and he says it somehow looks very wrong.
=(
See how too much Freud turns me into a repressed little monster?

No comments: