Monday, October 09, 2006

Charming Paris II

Following the entry below where me, Loon and Shian went to have very good seafood at Wepler (Paris), this time on my last night in Paris which was yesterday, me and Loon decided to be crazy and go there to order the seafood platter for two (Plateau Wepler for Two) which cost 99 Euros. This was because I was going to leave for Newcastle and two of us would never grow sick of seafood =) Always an excuse to indulge and grow fat, isnt it? =)




Before our food came, we noticed this adorable little French baby with his mum and grandmum and he was crawling all over the seat beside me. Looks so cute you'd wanna bring him home. And his family was really kind enough to let me hold him and play with him. Undaunted by strangers, the innocent big round eyes are definitely the assets to melt any lady's heart. His mum and grandma even let me take pictures and videos with him and were really nice and friendly.


They even teased and joked that I could be the new mum and perhaps, Loon could be the dad. Me and loon couldnt help laughing.


Really nice and warm people. His little fingers were nice to touch and he was so huggable :) Made me melt.


We were quite distracted by the sweet baby but we didnt forget our dinner. =D

We decided to order 6 escargots each. Each. This was only the beginning.


The escargots were too good to resist. =) Need I say more?








When hoisted out of its shell =)





Here's me looking really happy =) Shell food is my best friend. Always :)






Loon holding escargots :)






And of course, not to forget the main attraction - presenting the 99 Euros seafood platter for 2 =)








Needless to say, this was a total blessing for both of us. Hordes of seafood - crabs, lobsters, oystrers, clams, mussels, prawns, mini sweet shrimps, snails - all within reach on a platter served to us. We were the envy of many in the restaurant ;)




The oysters were really fresh - living true to the name of the restaurant as it was the Oysters Restaurant (loosely translated from French)

Juicy oysters


Wholesome clams




Salivating crabs and lobsters



Now you see them - tempting to the tastebuds







Now you dont!








Absoolutely Guilty as charged of devouring all the seafood!





And of course, a warm picture taken after the dinner :) My last night in Paris ended with a good sumptuous dinner *burp*

I give Wepler six stars out of six for the excellent ambience, variety of seafood and service.
Any VIP card for me? =)

No comments: