Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wedding Preparations 1101E

Image credits: www,celebrateintimateweddings.wordpress.com
I know I will be a bridezilla.

I just know I will be, given my terrible temper and my persistence (aka nasty insistence on having everything go perfectly according to plan, with no room for any mistakes).

In fact, I think I have already become one. 

I cannot describe fully how the wedding preparations have been overwhelmingly scary to me, and the most difficult part for me was how to start planning, as there were so many factors to consider.

We have finally confirmed the wedding venue and the special date, after countless appointments with the banquet sales manager during our missed lunch breaks and numerous deliberations between Dan and I. All I can say is I'm so relieved that we have at least taken the baby steps to confirm these 2 details.

*wipes sweat*

When I was very young and I was the flower girl for my 2 sisters who got married, I always imagined myself having a lot of fun preparing all these details, down to the colour of my bouquet, the lace details of my wedding dress, the engraving on the wedding rings...

But when I first started the planning, I almost wanted to give up and I was telling Dan that I couldn't sleep well, I was having headeggs and it was a nightmare. I'm very thankful that he sat me down and walked through the steps with me.

Yesterday, we went for our first bridal gown trying to decide which bridal studio we would be working with and I really like this dress that I tried:


I fell in love with this gown for its delicate details and its beautiful train.

In fact, I think the most enjoyable part (as you can see, I'm only beginning to start enjoying the planning process... like now...) of wedding planning is the trying of wedding gowns! It's like shopping with no obligations (dependent on the bridal studio you go and whether they are pushy... but I'm lucky I have a nasty resting bitch face).

But then again, picking THE wedding gown is also quite tough... too many choices, too little time, too little money...

This is the best time to go online to browse through gowns and get inspirations for the gown, but the problem is also that there are really too many choices.

I'm not known to be decisive when there are too many choices... so I foresee that I am going to have some problems :/

As for the evening gown, I really like these styles for now... but I have not done enough research yet:




I find the last gown more contemporary, and less formal, since the evening gown is for the 2nd march-in... But I still cannot make up my mind >.<

The next thing is to start losing weight! Probably the most worrying issue for brides-to-be...

Hungry but shall not eat so much,
Belle

No comments: