Friday, September 25, 2009

7 years

Dearest Daddy,

I never forget.

In fact, I find it so hard to forget.

24 September 2002, the day that one of your lungs collapsed.
It was also the day that you gave up breathing.

Maybe you didn't give up - maybe you had to - or maybe...
Maybe there are too many "maybes"...

It was the day I remember being so strong, holding onto Mummy while waiting for the rest of the sisters to arrive.
It was the day I remember collapsing in tears, once Mummy got a hold on herself.

It was the day I remember crying so hard that it was impossible to coax myself to sleep.

It was also the day I remember I never wanted to wake up after that to face the reality.

Nothing's been smooth since you left, Daddy.
It's been 7 years and you're still very much missed.

Love,
Belle

*Dedicated to my daddy who departed 24th September 2002 - in loving memory of his love for his littlest daughter*

No comments: