Friday, April 10, 2009

Confessions of a Chef-aholic

Seeing that it's a Friday and it's a holiday,
(Fridays that do not require work are always welcomed as good fridays)
we decided to make breakfast at home!

Regrettably, as we have had too much prata wraps the past few days,
I had to think real hard to cook something different today.

The picture above is my own concoction of mashed potato and mushroom sauce.
(The sauce was too ugly to post online :/ )
Being my first time preparing mashed potato (i have this vehement hatred of eating potato),
I never knew it was so much work!
I tried to be impromptu, and decided on ways to prepare the mashed potato.

I peeled it with a knife (because I couldn't find a freaking peeler)
and boiled it like forever,
and after which I mashed it.
Sounds easy but because the kitchen was so stuffy,
it was hard work.

Unfortunately, my own concoction of the mushroom sauce didn't work terribly well.
I couldn't find barbecue sauce so I got a bottle of steak sauce (I thought it'd probably be the same),
and I added some other marinate sauce, and with salt and pepper.
It turned out rather watery and sour (!!!).
It was quite a disappointment - but I liked the mashed potato on its own.
Oh well, always a first time for everything.

Scrambled eggs

This is my favourite dish that I like to eat and cook - mainly because I know it'd turn out delicious =) I always like to add a few dashes of oyster sauce and wine and salt. But apparently, the addition of milk makes it sweeter. Which ever tickles your pickles =)

Depending on different tastes, it can be prepared semi cooked or fully cooked. Me thinks it's yummy =)

Toasted bread (Dizzy)

Okay, while this looks innocently simple to make,
I beg to differ.
It's hard chore for a lazy bum like me.
First, the bread has to be cut into heart shapes with a knife,
subsequently added with cheese sausages, honey-baked ham, mayonnaise sauce, and mozarella cheese.
Into the toaster which will turn the bread golden brown.
=)

One thing about cooking these dishes at the same time is that one needs co-ordination and multi-tasking.
I think I can do better, in order to ensure the dishes are warm and delicious at the same time, ready to serve.

Maybe, just maybe, I am just planning my foray into my cooking career when I have my cafe next time =)

I hope you had a fantastic breakfast to kickstart the weekend =)

Scrambled,
Izzy

No comments: