Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anniversary

Dear Pa,

How have you been? I've been staring at the skies, and the stars have been beautiful.
The moon shines, clear and bright tonight.
It's beautiful, just like your love.

Today, I almost forgot it was your chinese anniversary.
Until Mum reminded me.

Time flies, doesn't it?

6 years in the twinkling of an eye.

6 years without your presence,
6 years with your absence.

I just remenbered,
I only held your hands once in your life.

When your face was sunken in,
when your body became boney,
when your time was running out
and when your life was wasting away.

Pa, it's been 6 years since you're gone.

My mind seem to be failing me -
day by day, my memories of you fade away.

Bit by bit, the photographs turn yellow,
they turn at the edges,
until the flame consumes them all
until there's no more.

I'm afraid I'll forget how you'll look like..
But I'm more afraid how I'll remember your pain...

Pa, I love you.

Forever and ever. Always.

Love,
your littlest daughter.

No comments: