Wednesday, March 01, 2006

unconditional love

Know you not the meaning of silence
Is weariness too strong a word for you? Of course
Not, you answer, I want your presence!
But no, you just don't know my cause.

Words spoken from the mouth are only but such
Frivolity and rash impulsivity; maybe immature youth as well
For that moment I did care, yes, as you, just as much
But for now, a far cry from the past, I am not sure as hell.

Sight of you overturned the curves of my thick lips,
Just not now, it's all for your good, for now.
Centre of your universe, my wish is naught.
Then I did, but the only thing constant is change and things always sour.

Your love, care, concern and - are weighing me down -
Time, all deserving better, for empty-handed am I.
Shoved me closer to the edge, overwrought all around.
For simply, look in my eyes, the balance has overtilted to one side
My side of course, but my hand reached out once but got tired of holding.

Stepped into this ditch and another leg joined
Perhaps all the ditsy times of love and happiness in song and dance
Were only but flitting illusions of temporal impermanence.
Oh yes, my love is unconditional,
Just not now.

- Anonymous

No comments: