Wednesday, August 24, 2005

went back to pjc for alumni talk for juniors yesterday
i was kinda hesitant abt it initally,
knowing that i would have to talk about the passing of my dad
but i guess the fact mr yeo told mdm shafa that i might not be comfortable talking about my dad kinda told me something,
that perhaps its time to face my fears.

had to be in sch at 730am and the whole rush jus began like that..
passing to the vp tokens from the pac alumni,
then the talk started at 8am in lt 4..
and i was seated beside adam and mr yeo - felt comforting that i had ppl who understood what i went thru just beside me.
adam and another first batch senior were definitely candid and funny in their speeches, whilst i was racking my brains and trying not to be nervous.
i have a fear of public speaking.
and so adam began to tell the juniors abt his dad, and how crappy it was to have gone thru something in ur life that u never control..
so i began mine.. with the fact that my dad passed away barely one month after his.
and in the end, i would say that the talk went rather smoothly.
with a junior telling me in the end that i was speaking very soft.
shy mah.

then hung around in school abit, talked to the teachers..
the mood was jus not the same, things changed.
sometimes i wish i had been told how things, teachers, places and ppl u love and care about would jus change so diffrently once u step out of the school.
how ppl leave and go.. and change...

hung around til 1130 am as mr chia asked me to talk to the arts cohort, who were weak in maths like me, and how to not give up hope.
mdm angelina teo was there, egging me on to tell them how i passed my maths.
and they all thought that i was advertising for maths dept.
i think my fear of public speaking had been conquered twice in a day.

hung around in mr yeo's office- he showed me pics and videos of baby chloe.
very very blessed family..


No comments: