Saturday, May 07, 2005

went to my good friend's father's wake today
the mood was sombre, painful and mourning
stepping into singapore casket brought waves of fresh memories

my friend was badly shaken
a sudden death - who would have thought of it?
that perhaps ur goodbye to ur loved one would be the last?

attended the service with hymns and prayers said
im not a christian but i felt so much for them

when we were allowed to walk around the coffin and pay respects to her dad
part of me was not ready yet

u know how painful it still is?

i allowed my eyes to look inside
i couldnt bear to look at the face
so i saw her father's hands clasped tightly together
it was enough of a sight

i hugged my friend really tight
this kind of pain is needless, painful and agonizing

i teared along with her

but i wiped it away silently

i pray for u, my dear friend.

No comments: