Monday, March 14, 2005

finally back home.
went to my bro in law's cousin's (ron) home in Banyan with my family..
we had a nice heartwarming bbq as a get together
then me, my 4th sister, ah boon, ron and ron's brother kenn decided to stay and chit chat while the little kids scurried home with my mum, my 2nd sis and 3 rd sis
while the more quote, unquote "havoc" ppl stayed behind
and so kenn drove us back
den my sis and i took our clothes, took bath and just went to ron's place
then we watched ''sideways'' at cineleisure at 245am
almost fell asleep
was too slow
didnt like it
sexual humour was too explicit i felt
not that i am a old conservative monster
it was crude
i am so surprised by myself =)
anyway
we got back at 5
all of us k.o
slept til 11
den my mum they all came over
then we swam from 1-5
my skin all wrinkly
i feel like a raisin
a sunburnt raisin at that =)

had curry fishhead at taman jurong
nice ending to the weekend escapade

its amazing and ironic how my bro-in-law's death
brings us together
strangers
or near strangers
who have never met since
10 yrs?
or whenever necessary.. so n so's wedding

but we are a family
now

and when my 2nd sis and her sons alight
wave to us
while we are in the car

i see my bro-in-law
beside them
waving back
melancholic because he can never be part of this family physically
but assured because his wife and children will never be alone or uncared for.

its been almost 2 weeks
it feels so unreal
he has never left our side

i see the smiles
those which light up his eyes
i see the wrinkly edges of his eyes
i see the hand which gestured ''good'' before he went for his 3rd op
i see his tears in his eyes before he died

i see him in us.
his strength
his love
his jovial spirit.

rest in peace Kor Kor.

No comments: